The Paul Messaris Visual Communication Studies Development Fund advances the Division’s internationalization mission to be an inclusive, border-spanning, and vibrant community of scholars from all corners of the globe. It exists to involve scholars from under-represented regions and to promote scholarship and scholarly exchange in these regions and across boundaries. Following a majority vote, Division’s officers will disburse funds that advance and support the fund’s goals.
(Donations are tax-deductible in the U.S.)
Those who have been accepted for presentation within the Visual Communication Studies Division, who are studying/working in a Tier B/C country, and who require financial support to defray the costs of attendance can complete this Travel Assistance Funding form and the Division’s leadership team will consider all applications and communicate outcomes after. Applications are due March 3, 2023.
Examples of funding projects include but are not limited to:
- Travel grants for students and scholars from global majority nations to attend ICA events
- Registration grants for students and global majority nations to participate in online ICA events.
- Grants to assist scholars with translation fees so that their work might be shared with the larger ICA community.
- Honoraria for scholars who participate in VDCS globalization and outreach events.
- Grants to assist students and scholars from global majority nations.
The Visual Communication Division is grateful to the Annenberg School of Communication and to Carla Sarett for their generous donations to help establish the fund in 2023.